Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, June 13, 2016

I'm dull?

June 6, 2016

Hey y'all,
Again not much happened this week, we have implemented our plans to get member referrals, luckily we were able to get about 2-3. This coming week we'll try to visit these people so that they can learn the gospel. We didn't have much going on this week again, but went on an exchange with the zone leaders. Thats probably the excitement for the week. We have a baptism scheduled for this Sunday (Bro K). But we have 2 more lessons we need to teach him before baptism, and its really hard to meet with him because he's busy. His father is a member, and could possibly come to see his baptism. But if we cant meet with him this week, then the Baptism will have to be moved back. 

We also visited Kranti, and I was with Elder Semadeni and taught him why we have The Book of Mormon. His wife read the first 4 chapters, and had some clarification questions. She actually was raised Hindu, but converted to Christianity. Kranti downloaded the Gospel library app, and has been listening to General Conference talks. They are great investigators, but are too busy to come to church, but will hopefully find time to come this Sunday. Some cultural things I've noticed this week is that here its okay to call people fat. Its so awkward to be at church or something, and someone telling someone else that they got fatter. Its also okay to call someone dull here. Some people have asked me why I'm dull, and why I don't talk. ( The reason isn't that I'm dull ((though some of you may disagree)) but we will be with a group of people and they'll all be speaking Telegu ((an Indian Language)) and obviously I don't know what they're saying, so how do I be apart of the conversation? I have pointed that out to them after being called dull numerous times, but they go right back to speaking in Telegu). So I guess I'll be called known as Elder Magnusson the Dull or something. 
Other than that that basically covers the week. I haven't died yet because of the traffic so thats good. 
Love,
Elder Magnusson 

No comments:

Post a Comment