Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, July 18, 2016

God Bless the USA!

July 4, 2016


Hey Y'all,
This week we were able to get some good work in. We did lots of finding this week, which made it interesting because we have now entered monsoon season. India doesn't have much of a drainage system, so if floods everywhere, and some of it is probably their sewage water. We went through our phone and called up a lot of former and potential investigators, so we were able to get a bunch of new people that we can teach. I also went on an exchange with Elder Conrad, in my area which was lots of fun. It was awesome going back out and doing missionary work with him like old times. It was fun remembering all of our inside jokes, and all the crazy things that happened to us in Rajahmundry. This week we met with a less active named Seshu who was previously Hindu. He had lots of questions/concerns about some of the churches doctrine. Apparently he goes to a church near by and his pastor tells him all this random stuff about the Mormon church. I asked him if he had a testimony of the Book of Mormon, and told him that he needs to read and ask God if it is true not the pastor he talks to. He realizes if the Book of Mormon is true than any other doctrine whether it be Joseph Smith being a prophet, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints being the church with the full gospel and authority of God must be true. But he sadly wont pray for himself and ask. Hopefully he will come to the conclusion that thats the only way he will receive his answer.

After the exchange Elder Shuman started to feel sick, he ate some muslim food (There is a muslim holiday going on) and hasn't felt good since. I warned him not to eat Muslim food a week ago, but he took the chance. He has felt naucious and weak for the last two days. So on Saturday and Sunday we were in the apartment all day. Who knew sitting on a couch would get boring after awhile. Though I had no problem sitting on the couch when I was at home., but then again I had a TV and American food. I think the weirdest thing this week was seeing a 2 liter bottle of "Masala Soda", that's definitely only something you'll see in India. So I bought one and made everyone in the apartment drink it with me. It was really weird and kinda tasted like a root beer flavored Bottle Cap. I also had one of the couple missionaries (The Newtons) in Rajahmundry make us banana bread because they were coming to Hyderabad for a couple days. It was soo good, man I miss AMERICAN desserts. Due to that Elder Shuman and I made no-bake cookies, they were dang good and made you wanna slap yo mama. ​

Chintha Family: Their pastor said they don't need a Book of Mormon, so we read 2 Nephi 29 with them and told them, I dont come to the opposite side of the world, to hand out a blue book for free if it didn't impact their life, and help their spiritual growth. 

Srinivas: We met this guy this week, and tried to teach him, sadly he doesn't really know English, and when I asked him if he understand what we are teaching he would say "I will understand" (with the weird Indian head bob). Wasn't too good because I need him to understand at the moment. 

Thats just about the only people we were able to see, other than that we just went finding all day long. Today we will celebrate INDEPENDENCE DAY by going to TGIF (restaurant), I know weird that they have one here, and then getting a big cookie with ice cream on the top at Pizza Hut.

God bless the U.S.A and a big shout out and thank you to my father and all those other men and women that have served in the Military (police, swat, CIA etc) to keep our country safe. 
Love,

Elder Magnusson

























No comments:

Post a Comment