Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, September 28, 2015

Hey Ya'll

Hey Y'all
 The MTC life is okay, they say after Sunday is when it goes by fast, the last four days have been VERY slow. I have been in class all day just learning about how to begin teaching the gospel to people. The food here is okay, but the baked goods (cookies,cakes,crumbles) make you wanna slap yo mama. It has been pretty hard at times being here and not being able to communicate with all y'all back home (as frequent as I'm used to) but I know I'm here for a good reason. My companion (Elder TUSCANO)  is pretty cool, he's a lot like me in a way, just no where near as funny, he is partially Indian, and his brother went to the Bangalore, India mission 5 years ago. So he was able to tell me lots about what the mission will be like. He says he loved it there, and that the food was great. He enjoys talking to people CONSTANTLY, and when he sees people he acts like he hasn't seen them in years even though he just talked to them 5 minutes prior. I'll slowly get used to it. I was able to give a blessing to one of the sisters in my district (sister Stevens) she had to go to the hospital last night, but is feeling much better (she was dehydrated). I'm not much of a fan of the MTC, and am just ready to be out in the field, and on Wednesday is when i'll find out where my temporary assignment will be. I got to see Nathan Hoskins while I was here, and Heather Robinson so that was fun. I constantly fall asleep in class so I know Laynes struggle. I have to sit in the window sill just to stay awake. I have learned I have the attention span of a squirrel (as Danny Waxter can attest). I also got to go to the Provo temple and participate in sealings. I have had lots of opportunities to do spiritual things while I'm here. I also realized how much of a hick I sound like when I'm in Utah. I can't wait to be out in the field cause we are in class for 10 hrs a day and it gets really boring and makes the day slow. That's okay though at least i'm being trained and this is only two weeks out of the next two years. I am also sad to report that it was too late to sign up for choir and go to general conference, it's the church's loss I would of rocked the stage. I write in my journal every night which i'm not used to doing, but I now enjoy doing it cause I can record the experiences I'm having. There is a lot of missionaries going to the Atlanta north mission, and I told them they would love it there, but to make sure they don't get shot (mainly cause none of them have been to the south). I wish I can be called to Layne's mission it would be awesome  to serve in the same mission as him! Also thank you mom for the packages, and the letters. It feels weird not seeing y'all for two whole years but I look at it as 24 months because it sounds shorter haha. There is another guy I room with whos from the ATL area but wasn't in our Stake. I hope Mitchell has a great time at the MTC in spain and good luck to being there for 6 weeks, Lord knew I wouldn't be able to handle it. Next time I write will be the day before I leave, and am not quite sure if my P-days will change. 
Love Y'all
 Elder Magnusson

5 comments:

  1. Keep up with that journal keeping...you'll be glad that you did..proud of your service to our master.
    Bro. Mtn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking Nate is logged in to the computer?? So your comments are showing up under his name?? Maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyway... I know it's you and I'll pass the message along. The boy is doing well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep up with that journal keeping...you'll be glad that you did..proud of your service to our master.
    Bro. Mtn.

    ReplyDelete