Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

A little mischieviousness in MTC week two

Hey y'all,
 
The last week at the MTC did go by fast just like everyone said. Now sure I still fell asleep in class, but near the end of the week was where I actually started appreciating the MTC for what it is. It was great getting to bond with people for a short period of time and will have to say goodbye to some of them later today. I'll wake up tomorrow morning and make my way down to the travel office at 3:35AM to get onto an 8AM flight to Boise,Id. Some of the highlights this week was awarding myself with Companion of the Year. I earned that award because I accidentally locked my companion out of the room for a while, so he was in the hallway in his underwear  because he had just taken a shower. Also we got whats called a "meal card" it works just like a hotel room key. Where you swipe your key to be able to get into buildings, cafeteria, etc. I stuck a magnet to the back of his card which decodes it, so that it stops working. So now he isn't  able to get into buildings and go to the cafeteria. We have made a couple trips to general services for them to re-program the key. But I would just end up de-coding it that night. I finally told him the other day why his key never works. He was okay with it. I also (when I was bored) managed to write a song about how much I hate Utah based of of the song "I Love to see the Temple", I also wrote a poem called Half and Half about a half white half black person, and a singing drama called Angel Soft about Jesus knocking on my door (and no mom these were  not written during class).  On the other hand I was able to have spiritual experiences here, such as watching General Conference. I managed to stay awake for all 10 hours which I am very proud of and took notes. Hopefully Thomas S. Monson is doing okay cause in the last talk he gave he didn't seem to be doing so well. Elder Carter (a guy in my room) has an alarm system hooked up to my back pack (no I don't understand why, but he does) and his backpack alarm started going to during the devotional, he told the MTC it was his alarm clock haha. Anyways, not much else happened this week, but cant wait to get out of the MTC and do the Lord's work! I have slowly started to not like my companion as much. He has weird habits such as slapping peoples back and saying "cupped you" also saying the phrase "hot slam" and saying "do you even listen to drake" in an Indian accent.  
 Elder Magnusson


UPDATE:
We just spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Levi this morning as he's awaiting his flight to Boise.  He's so positive and upbeat about going there, and to get busy doing the Lord's work.  There are about 40 Elders going to the Boise mission this morning, and only he and his MTC companion are heading to India when their visa's arrive.  It's snowing in Boise he was told, so the first thing on his agenda will be to get a coat.  And winter gear of some kind.  Hopefully he'll be able to borrow a few things, as he won't be there too long.  He sounds like my Levi.  I can tell he's a bit homesick, as he's already talking about maybe not going to BYU-I when he gets home and just stay at a local college.  I told him now isn't the time to decide that.  He's got two years to serve others, and he'll be blessed to know what to do about school.  He'll learn and grow and be inspired more about his future as he serves the Lord.  He said okay.  Oh how I adore that boy!!  Oh how blessed I am to be a mom of 5 incredible sons and daughters of our Father in Heaven.  That He entrusted me to be their mom amazes me.  I love them all so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment