Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, October 19, 2015

Idaho Boise Week 2

Hey Y'all,
This week was pretty good, they have whats called an "inversion" where smoke (from fires) coming from up north goes into the city and make it very dry and cloudy. I was able to meet more members this week and have come to see how great the people are here. I think in my last email I made it seem like I was miserable here, but only was homesick for a couple of days.. Once I got into the swing of things here its been great! We have been able to teach lots of lessons and do plenty of service. I got word that ill be headed to India November 17th, so i am very excited about that. I bought curry today, and will incorporate it into my meals so I can get use to extremely spicy food before I leave. I also learned that Rio de Janeiro is a place not a person. I had my birthday this week and thanks to The Denisons (the awesome family we live with) they celebrated my birthday. I was taken out to a place called Tacanos which is a Brazilian restaurant  and got to eat Brazilian food. Which is something I thought Ryan would only do and not me, but his is more authentic haha. It has been raining a lot here, which is okay cause I hear the East Coast is getting lots of rain. My companion and I wrote a song called "Chicken Waffle" which is a spin off racist version of the song "Chicken Fried" by Zac Brown Band. But going back to spiritual things, its very cool meeting people that were recently baptized and to hear how strong their testimonies are. We were walking down the street and a man started criticizing us about spreading the gospel, and telling us that he researched the church, which he didn't do very good research cause everything he said "we believed" wasn't anywhere near what we ACTUALLY believed, but all well. That was the excitement I got this week. When we went through a park I saw a bunch of India people playing volleyball which is all I see when I got to Bogan Park.. Indians are EVERYWHERE. Not much really happened, until next week!
Love, 
Elder Magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment