Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, December 21, 2015

One Month In India

Hey Y'all,
 This week was not too crazy at all, we had an  exchange so I spent a day in Dowleswaram India. I was able to attend a farewell for a guy who left the next day to the MTC. It's fun being a missionary and going to Farewells, and reminding me of when I left (not long ago, I know).. 

We had a little less than average in lessons this week, we mainly taught about Luke 2:7-15 talking about the birth of Christ. It's interesting how some of these people are celebrating Christmas for the first time because they were previously Hindu. We have a new investigator named Satish (a different guy, not the 17 year old one).  He's Hindu but was a member referral, and is very interesting in learning about the gospel. The 17 year old Satish will be getting baptized on Sunday (the 27th). 

The food here has gotten to me a lot lately and not sure why. We were giving an investigator a blessing, and I had to go use the restroom, very soon or I was gonna explode. I went and used the restroom and realized they don't have a sprayer, just a bucket of water and a cup.. I will spare the details on this one, but it was not an enjoyable experience. My companion informed me they do wipe with their left hands here... Only missionaries and wealthy people have sprayers. I didnt know that. And now I do. 

The saddest part of my week was witnessing a dog getting ran over by a car. It was really sad, there are lots of dogs here that just sleep in the middle of the road. Something I realized (and I'm not sure why) but drunk people are attracted to us. We can't go one day without having a drunk person find us and say weird things in Telugu. I also (sadly) can't go one day without seeing someone naked. It's normal here for children to roam around naked, and I feel as if they all take turns. If you plan on coming to India do not look at the Homeless people. Because they too can be naked at times. They just sprawl out on the side walk and take a nap without any pants on. 

One of the Elders that live in our apartment area went home (cause he finally finished his mission) and another one that was only a year out went home due to health issues (he's from North Carolina). There are lots of health concerns here, and we are trained to be very particular about what you eat and drink. It's common for missionaries to go home due to health problems. Anyways until next week, Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!
Love,
Elder Magnusson



                                                               Us, getting some ice cream

                                          "Yup, he's American" - says every Indian person

                                             Our study time includes being thankful for the USA

                                                                    A very large bull!

                                  People stare at us from their roof tops all the time

                                     This was taken from an investigator's apartment

                                          how they deliver bananas to businesses

                                                       Sewage freely flowing

                                                                       Dominos Pizza


                                                                           Puppy Love

No comments:

Post a Comment