Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, January 18, 2016

Christmas In India

Hey Y'all,
This week started with us having to deep clean the apartment, cause of transfers that will be happening. I can tell some of the cabinets in our apartment haven't been open for years, and I sadly was the one to open them. We had a secret Santa gift exchange this week (among the other missionaries) and I had elder Singh, I got him a Levi's brand wallet, so know he will never forget me, until the wallet's life is over. Within the branch we went Christmas caroling to lots of peoples homes and was able to spread holiday cheer. On Christmas eve, the church had a devotional and afterwards people preformed skits, Indian skits are hilarious and of course require a weird Indian dance to go along with it. The I cooked pancakes while the other elders played soccer in the apartment (not the best idea). On Christmas I was able to open my package that my mom sent me, and then headed to the church again for another devotional that morning. Later I was able to Skype my family home and see how they were doing. We went by our investigators and members homes and shared a little message and gave a little gift to them. The sad thing is, is that (with some of the families) the gift we gave them was the only gift they got for Christmas. Typically people give a pair of clothes for Christmas, but even yet thats not always common. Other then that, not much happened this week, and I am excited for the New year! 
Love,
Elder Magnusson  

No comments:

Post a Comment