Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, January 18, 2016

Finally Realizing I'm in Asia

January 11, 2016

Hey y'all,
This week not too much happened ( I seem to say that a lot, cause India is not big on Christianity). We went out and saw lots of members, and were able to teach Rajendra Presad who doesn't understand us. We would be reading some scriptures and then he would bring up another scripture that had nothing to do with what we were  talking about. Teaching him is very interesting. Krishna is getting good at praying on his own and taught us a lot about the Hindu religion. They believe in some guy that is equivalent to Jesus Christ who also died for the sins of the world. The most success I had this week was getting a couple Indian people to download country music. They now know who Luke Bryan, Jason Aldean, Kenny Chesney etc is. I still fall asleep during lessons between 3-5pm which sucks but I try not to. We visited this crazy lady who is a member that talks a lot in Telugu of course, she is very interesting and does Hindu rituals during our meeting. She also doesn't know when she was born all she remembers is world war 1.  The last two weeks were the hardest week of my mission. Probably because I wasn't home for the holidays, but I am happy that this mission is teaching me a lot. I was reading some of Mitchell Dunhams emails and love reading them because it sounds just like him! He has changed a lot! Again and again I am thankful to be an American. 
Love,
Elder Magnusson







No comments:

Post a Comment