Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, April 4, 2016

A Drunk Man

Hey Y'all,
This week there wasn't much success, we did lots of finding but couldn't find anyone to teach.. We were able to get a new sheet of less actives and prospective elders list, and will start finding those people. There was a baptism this week, for a kid named Praneth Kollu, and we taught him about the restoration. His family was already members, but we liked to think of him as an investigator even though he was 8 and technically wasn't. We have only 3 investigators or so, and they aren't progressing as well as we would like. We are working on getting our purpose across to the investigators, because they think we are here to teach them English, when we are here to teach the gospel (though they will learn English anyways, as they meet with us, and practice it). I am hoping we will have a bigger teaching pool this week! After meeting with the Chiddapi family, we went and got a smoothie, and this man walked up to us and asked Elder Conrad what his country was.. I responded and told him we are from America, he looked at me and told me and said "Don't talk". I was shocked by what he said, and repeated that we are both Americans (the people here think that there are only white people in the U.S) He told me to not talk again and that he will only talk to Elder Conrad. He asked Elder Conrad questions, but Elder Conrad couldn't understand him because he was drunk, so the guy asks Elder Conrad if he knew English (asking with an attitude), and Elder Conrad replies by saying "yes, I just can't understand you". The man starts walking away and I said "you're the one that doesn't know English not us", He then turns around and says "what" (proving my point).. Long story short he told me to shut-up and Elder Conrad advised me not to argue with this man. Its interesting because as I wear my black name tag with my white shirt and tie, I am representing the Lord, and am one that teaches his gospel. There have been many frustrating moments, where I want to take my name talk off and raise Cain, I would assume the Lord puts these people in my path way to help humble me, as a lot of you know I can be prideful at moments. We went to a less active we recently met named Vasanthi, as we were visiting with her she went in the kitchen to get something. She comes back with a helmet that is just like the helmets missionaries use, she tells us that a missionary left this helmet here TWO years ago. She was very determined to give us that helmet and we thank her for it. Lastly, we went to another village, called Dondapudi, it is another members village and had a good time there. When I say village it is truly a village as y'all saw in last weeks photo.Anyways, until next week!
Love,
Elder Magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment