Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, April 4, 2016

Hindu man looooves Jesus

Hey y'all,
This week wasn't too bad i have had some interesting experiences this week though. But first about the missionaries in Coimbatore; Coimbatore is a city in the state of Tamil Nadu there are a couple of mission areas within this state. Because of the incident that had happened President Berrett has said that all the missionaries in Tamil Nadu are to not ride bikes, wear name tags or ties, a lot of the people recognize our outfits and this will help keep the missionaries safer. Right when Elder Conrad and Elder Pereira left the A/C in the apartment broke, so it has been quite hot  at night. especially when its just about 104 degrees everyday. I also was minding my own buisness when an auto side swiped me and I hit the median. My chest hit the handle bars, but its okay I'm Built Ford Tough. Also when Elder Kommalapati was riding his bike his handle bars snapped in half (someone's been eating too much rice). Satish our recent convert thought I was 25-30 years old, I'm nopt sure if thats a compliment or not. A lot of our investigators have been out of town or not answering their phones. We were able to meet our goals this week, but didn't have a busy week. We taught a lot of recent converts and less actives which kept us busy. We have Sri Ram and a lady named Satya on a baptismal date for the end of April. Satya is the mother of two recent converts. Elder Pereira used to play the piano during church but since he left no one is playing the piano (since no one else knows how to), so the people hooked up a speaker and put a phone to the speaker and that is how we are getting the music for our hymns....All I can say is... INDIA...I met this Hindu man and he told me he loooved Jesus ( what he said next didn't support the statement he just gave me). He then goes on about how there is no need to proselyte and what Jesus did on the earth was done when he died, and there was no need to continue his work. I told him there are lots of people who don't know who Jesus Christ is, and he said I was wrong and that in India you can go to a town and find 5 churches on a street, and in the western country you'll find 5 bars. He also said that we should be worshiping our mothers ( a lot of the Christians here worship Mother Mary for some reason) He said our mother's love is much stronger than Jesus Christ's love. He said if you told your mom you wanted her heart she would cut it out and give it to you, and that he (the hindu man) could crucify himself right now and it would be much more powerful than Jesus's Crucifixion. (remember how I just about lost my temper with Drunk man a couple weeks ago?) This man didn't make me too happy either, but I managed to keep a smile, and just said; "okay have a nice day". In church a member announced that his wife and him are expecting, and after the meeting they handed out sweets to everyone. Apparently in India when you announce that you're suppose to feed people or something. The whole zone went to a wedding this week, but sadly my Companion and I didn't know about it, so I missed out on an opportunity to see an India wedding. But I was able to go to a village today and pet an elephant. They are a lot bigger than I thought, and scarier. Lately missionary work has been a little rough for me, the people that we meet and teach aren't progressing. Its seems as if the only reason a lot of them want to meet with us is so they can either talk to an American or I can teach them English. They aren't understanding why I'm truly here. The lessons we teach them are suppose to give them hope, and find happiness in this life. The message we share will help them and their salvation. The Gospel of Jesus Christ is for us, and helps us draw closer to our savior, but the people don't understand. Its been hard meeting with people who don't truly care what we are teaching, or understand the importance of our message. I know my mission is to teach me humility and to truly convert myself to the gospel, it doesn't seem like much is happening in my area, but I guess its good that God is the one leading my proselyting area not me. 
Love,
Elder Magnusson





























No comments:

Post a Comment