Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

General Conference


April 11, 2016


Hey Y'all,
This week they showed General Conference, I enjoyed a lot of the talks especial D. Todd Christofferson's on Fathers, and enjoyed how he talked about the roles of Fathers in a society where the roles of a father have been challenged. I also enjoyed Elder Patrick Kearon and the stories he shared about his service to the refugees. Not many people went to General Conference, they even broadcasted it in Telugu for those who don't know English. This week was pretty good, we were able to pick up  new investigators and taught some good lessons. We were able to have a great lesson with a girl named Shanti, we taught the Plan of Salvation and were deeply interested to hear about God's plan for us. We also met another family (Jackson family) they live behind one of our member's home (Sister Tatenini). We taught The restoration and will go back this week and teach them more. They are 7th day adventists so they are free on Saturdays but work on Sunday. So it'll be hard to get them to church. Also Sister Tatanini has 2 more families she wants us to meet. This week they painted the apartment, so we had to be in the apartment for almost two whole days while they were there. Indian Painters are pretty sketchy and don't care if they get paint on your stuff or the ground. They were all Hindu but enjoyed looking at the LDS temple photos we have. We taught a different Shanti Plan of Salvation and got her on a baptismal date. Its pretty exciting because we have 3 people on date (Sri Ram, Satya, and Shanti) this is the most I have had on a baptismal date sine I've been here. I give my thanks to my Telugu speaking companion (though most of them know English).  Shanti's brother Vijay is a member but is less active and hopefully as Shanti takes the lessons, he will have his testimony strengthened and will come to church. I made Macaroni and Cheese for Elder Kommalapati and I, and after he tasted it he asked; "Did you put Masala (An Indian spice) in it?" and I replied with "Do I look Indian to you? That's American food my friend, theres no masala in there". The senior couple missionaries (The Newtons) came to our apartment to do inventory to see if there was other appliances and things we needed in our apartment, By the way a water heater here is called a "Geezer", Elder Newton went in to the storage closet and said that there was two old Geezers in there, and I told him if he went in the closet there would be 3 old Geezers in there. Which went perfect because today is his 69th birthday. Though the work here is hard its nice to know God gave me humor so that I can laugh every once and a while. The work is moving on, though there isn't a lot to do in Rajahmundry, we are working hard, and the Lord is paving the way for my companion and I! 
Love,
Elder Magnusson


 

No comments:

Post a Comment