Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, May 16, 2016

Transfers and Mother's Day

Hey Y'all,
This week was pretty good, I have gotten my transfer call, and will be going to Hyderabad Madina Guda 2nd ward. I heard that that was a great area, and Elder Kommalapati said that it is a very busy area. Also more people know English there, vs Rajahmundry. It was an enjoying 6 months spent in Rajahmundry, and am happy I'm going to a really busy area in the mission. This week, I found out one of the families I taught in Idaho (The Buckner Family) were baptized earlier this year. Which was really good news for me because they have been investigators for a year or so, and am happy that I could contribute to their conversion process. Aaron Buckner's parents live in Douglasville Georgia. They did some more painting for our apartment, so we had to be there for two days in a row. Our most progressing family is the John family, they have lots of questions that we can answer, and it's great to see them as their testimonies grow. I also met, Suneel, who is Ratna Kumar's son. He came to Rajahmundry as we are getting ready for Ratna Kumar's baptism. I sadly won't be here for it, but am happy I could assist with it. It finally rained here in Rajahmundry, for like one day, which made it feel very nice outside. Sadly its was only one day, and is back to being 100s of degrees. I was able to Skype home since it was Mother's day, and would like to wish all the Mother's out there a happy Mother's day! I was able to Skype my parent's and my brother. Naresh (the one that got baptized in Feburary) recieved the Priesthood this week at church. It's a great moment in my mission life when I get to see my converts participate in church callings and Priesthood ordinations. They really enjoy participating in the church, and have hopefully helped them gain a strong testimony. Though there hasn't been very many baptisms since I've been here, I have been able to activate multiple families and hope that they stay active and don't fall away when I leave. I told my recent converts and my "use-to-be" less actives that I will call them and remind them to go to church ( if they stop going) whether I'm in Hyderabad, Georiga, or am Dead, they will get a call. The best thing that I've taught these people is to recognize the blessing that God is giving them as they are following his commandments. I told them none of us on this earth can afford not to be blessed, there for we have to keep the commandments and do all God is asking to so that we can. It was a great experience being here in Rajahmundry and hope that the Lord will bless me with success while I am serving in Hyderabad. There are also American restaurants there, so i can now FINALLY eat American food.  
Love,
Elder Magnusson








No comments:

Post a Comment