Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, May 16, 2016

Hyderabad

May 16, 2016

Hey Y'all,
I am now in Hyderabad and it is a big city. Other missionaries were right Rajahmundry is a VILLAGE. Now granite Hyderabad isn't really THAT much more developed than Rajahmundry it is definitely a big city. Im in a stake now, and its nice to be in one. I literally felt as if I was in like Utah or something at times, because there are church members EVERYWHERE. The first day I got here there was like 4 members that stopped us on the street and talked to us. It was cool because that happened in a big city, in a country that is dominated be Hinduism. The names in Hyderabad are different than the ones in Rajahmundry. In Rajahmundry most peoples are named Satish or Naresh. In Hyderabad it isn't. And I can't pronounce the names let alone spell them. I haven't met a person here that I was able to say their name on the first try. One member who is 12 is named Deekshith (the way he pronounces it with an Indian accent, makes it sound, like a bad word)Both parts, the Deek, and the Shith part. We have lots of investigators and this area is a lot busier than Rajahmundry. Since I'm in a stake now, we get lots of Member referrals, and part member families to teach, so there is plenty to do thank goodness. I was able to eat at Subway and and was soo happy to know it didn't taste Indianized. I also got my package my mom sent me, which means I can now eat Easy Mac for lunch, and goldfish. Right before church I packed some Goldfish that I could eat for a snack during church. A lot of the investigators aren't really progressing and hopefully we can change that. One of the guys we are teaching is Ravi Teja, he is on date for baptism, but isn't coming to church. I got him to commit to coming to church this past Sunday, but he sadly didn't again. My new companion is Elder Abel, he is from Bangalore, and is a very interesting person. We don't have anything in common, but will see how this transfer goes. He enjoys doing work and cares about the members, and thats good enough for me. He is my second Indian companion, and is 24. I tried to talk to him about trucks such as the F150 or the Silverado, but the only truck he knew was the garbage truck. I'll have to find something else to talk to him about. Other than that I'm glad to be in my new area! I also heard that a missionary in our mission, locked his companion in the bathroom (while that person was showering), buzzed his head, and got on a plane ride back to his home (which will not be named). So now ELder Tuscano (my MTC companion) is in a Trio with other companions, while his companion went to fill in the place of that other missionary that went MIA in a different area. 
Love,
Elder Magnusson 













I sent him a big box full of stuff he needed, deodorant, and the all important mac and cheese!  He's in heaven!!

No comments:

Post a Comment