Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, April 4, 2016

A New Companion

Hey Y'all,
This week was a little bit better than last week, we were able to find an investigator who was taught a year ago, and was able to come to church on Sunday for about an hour (his name is Manoj). We tried to find this less active members house and found out that she doesn't live there anymore, but the girl (named Mary) told us she was taught by missionaries in 2005. Whats cool is, is she remembers the lessons really well even though its been over 10 years! We'll hopefully begin teaching her.There was a good quote Elder Conrad read to me:

Obedience is the Price
Faith is the Power
Love is the Motive
The Spirit is the key
Christ is the reason

I like this quote it really gets me to ponder on Christ and how he set an example for us, and that we need to outline our choices and our way of life based on his. We were able to teach the Chiddapi family about Temples and the importance of them and how families can be together forever. It was a wonderful lesson and really strengthens my testimony on this topic, especially being away from my family for these 2 years. I was able to read a talk titled: "The Book of Mormon- A Book from God" by Tad R. Callister. It was a really good talk, and sheds light on what the Book of Mormon does for us and why we have it. It explains the role of it, and how it is truly another Testament of Jesus Christ.. https://www.lds.org/general-conference/2011/10/the-book-of-mormon-a-book-from-god?lang=eng

I have attached the link and encourage y'all to read it. I got a call telling me that missionaries in Coimbatore were kicked out of that city for proselyting. Both missionaries will becoming to Rajahmundry, and one of the will be with Elder Conrad and I. It will now be a tri-panionship. I could also safely assume he will be my companion after the transfer, because Elder Conrad is leaving for the Philippines on the 25th of this month (because of Visa expiration). Other than then that, it was just another normal week here in Rajahmundry India.
Love,
Elder Magnusson 
 














No comments:

Post a Comment