Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, October 24, 2016

9/11

September 12, 2016

​​​​​​Hey y'all,
This week was interesting with Ganesh Festival, and it started on Monday when we were on lock down. We just stayed in the apartment, but nothing really happened. It didnt occur till later in the week when thinks went crazy. I was pretty sick all day yesterday, and today, so we stayed in the apartment and as I was trying to get rest there was a bunch of racket going on outside. I look out the window and there was a bunch of drums, music, dancing, and fireworks. Not the most fun when it goes on for 4 hours, right in front of the apartment. And man did it seem so weird watching them, I literally thought it was like some crazy Hindu tribal thing. I have learned this week that Hinduism (to me) is more of a culture than a religion. There were plenty of members that participated in the Ganesh Festival, which didnt make sense because its Idol worship, but I guess they all grow up doing those kinds of events. I learned that the word Bharathi is India in Hindi, and the word India is the English translation. This week in the district we started to have a meeting after each day, and talk about the tender mercies of the Lord that we noticed that day. Its called NASA meeting (Nocturnal Advocate of Spiritual Accomplishment), during that meeting we talked a little bit about 9/11 and the tragedies that happened in 2001. Its a sad time a pray that God blesses those families that were victims to this event. Lately I have been pondering about the Atonement, and we are told that it is sufficient for all. That when we sin we can not only be forgiven, but the guilt will also leave. I know we're told that, but I really pondered if the Atonement is truly sufficient for all. Yesterday during studies I was reading in Enos, where he prays all day and night, and when he does that his sins are forgiven him and his faith in the Lord is "Unshakable". As I read that chapter I realized that the Atonement IS sufficient for all, we just have to have FAITH that it is. I found that interesting, that the was we can access the Strengthening and Enabling power of the Atonement was through our faith. We lastly went to the Furguson's house, they are an American family in Madina Guda 1st ward. We were all invited to have Cinnamon Rolls, and man when we were in there home, I literally stepped into America. They had a spacious home, with 3 levels, plenty of bathrooms and a kitchen that could fit more than 2 people. It was crazy, I know thats normal to y'all but its been awhile since I've had those luxuries. Until next time! 
Love,
Elder Magnusson​

No comments:

Post a Comment