Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, October 24, 2016

General Conference

October 10, 2016

Hey y'all,
This week was when we watched General Conference in India./ There were a lot of inspired talks, I came to GC with questions and received many answers. I definitely knew it was inspired, because that night we went to Shiva Rama Krishna's who just got back to the hospital because his son had some viral infection (which I think was a lot like what I had earlier) and he was there for 3 days. We didn't even know about the problems he has been having but felt like we needed to visit him. He started crying telling us about what he has been going through, and he that his trials have been non stop, one after another. What I liked is that I had that as one of my questions for General Conference, because I see a lot of suffuring here, and it truly is non stop. I learned that it doesn't matter how long the trial or how frequent they are, but that God is the one in charge and he wants you to come to him. It was a great experience as we shared some of the talks from GC with him to try and help him. We picked up a less active family (Jamadanda's) who have had many problems in their lives, and it was the best to go to their home and see them it the best clothes that they were able to afford and come to General Conference. I think the best part was that night when we were teaching them at their home and during the lesson Deekshith (the son) smacks Elder Wilcox in the face randomly. Apparently there was a mosquito on his face so Deekshith killed it by slapping him, it was quite funny. Other than that just a normal week, sadly the Batula children's baptism will be later and not on the 23rd because they need more time and need to qualify for baptism.
Love,
Elder Magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment