Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 5 - Boise

Hey Y'all,
 This week went by pretty fast and have been doing lots of service and what not. The leaves are falling down fast here, so we have helped the community with raking their yards, and they put their leaves in bags you can by at Lowes and a truck hauls them away. I thought that was interesting cause I'm  used to just raking the leaves back into the woods. We helped Thomas with lots of service this week, and he helped me make a Georgia Plaque. It's Georgia carved out of pine wood. Its pretty sweet and was an idea I got when I was moving firewood. Elder Thompson has been spray painting a mural in Thomas' garage and looks pretty sweet, I'll attach a picture, but It doesn't show the complete painting. We have a baptism this Saturday for Derek a guy I'm sure I've talked about before. I also attended a funeral this Friday for a lady at the church that died of cancer. We had the primary program yesterday and will have another one for the other ward (congregation) we cover. We were also able to pick up a new investigator this week, who has relatives who are LDS and wants to learn more about the church. A man also gave us green tomatoes so we fried some and put it in a sandwich and gave some to him. I had the same experience as Layne did, cause we knocked on a lady's door and she looked through the window and never answered the door. I also told some one that their cooking makes me wanna slap my momma and they took offense to it cause they thought I was saying its so horrible I want to slap them. I guess the definition of phrases change where every you go. I also enjoyed Layne's email it was very funny, I lived in Colorado long ago and don't remember people being so weird and high. I will be leaving for India in a week so I'm excited and will be flying from Boise to Denver to Frankfurt Germany (however its spelled) to India. From then on I can only assume I'll ride an elephant or something down to where I'll be living. Anyways life is good and can't wait to get outta the cold! I have also been thinking about writing a country song, that I can sing to the people of India, have any Ideas on how it should go our what I should talk about?
Love,
Elder Magnusson



No comments:

Post a Comment