Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Monday, February 1, 2016

Cow in the House

Hey Y'all,
Life in Rajahmundry is still the same; very hot, no rain; and weird smells. This week they had republic day where they do a flag raising and celebrate it as if we were to celebrate July 4th. We were able to see lots of people this week, and are going to be visiting with new investigators tonight. Sadly none of our less active members came to church this sunday even though they said they would. I asked elder Conrad what it would be like if we became beggars (because there are lots of beggars here begging for money) and his reply was; "We are beggars...Please come to church".. And it was funny and true. Its interesting how some of the members here share their testimony about the gospel and how God has helped them in their lives, but none of them will come to church. 

We went to the Augustus family's house and talked about the Indian culture, and about his mission he served 21 years ago. I told him I was adopted and that I was raised in the U.S. He told me he really appreciates me now after telling him that. I wasn't quite sure why he was.. But as we were heading out he  told me that his daughter who is a BYU right now, was adopted. He told me his opinion about adoption and how much he appreciated me. I thought it was interesting how he was very touched by my adoption story and how he too has adopted someone himself. 

This week as we were riding to someones house, there was a cow poking his head inside. Its quite funny, because I would freak out if I was just sitting and watching TV and a cow pops his head in. Elder Rajendran, one of our Zone Leaders who is from India told me that if a girl has a ring on her leg fingers then it means she is married. I asked him what in the world a leg finger was, and then asked if he meant toes? He said "I think so". I love hearing the way the people here describe things, because the English is obviously very different. Transfers are next week, so I could possible leave Rajahmundry, but dont plan on it for 2 more transfers. Until next week,
Love,
Elder Magnusson

No comments:

Post a Comment