Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Honey Bee

Hey Y'all,
This week went by pretty fast, I think this is the first week that I haven't counted the days till I can email next, so that's good! This week we have had some good success, we were able to get Pradeep on a baptismal date, which is on March 6th. As we were teaching him one day (in his Christian book store) there was a man that came in and was spittin a bunch of false rumors about the Mormon church, He said he did his "research", but Im sure two Mormon missionaries know a thing or two about the LDS church. It was a waste of our hour, when we were trying to teach Pradeep. But later we talked to Pradeep and he told us that he knew what we were teaching is true. Pradeep's testimony is very strong, he has laid a strong foundation, and only through his prayer and scripture study could he do so. While we were at the church there was a wedding that was about to happen.. It was very interesting to see how Indian weddings work. The fact that its arranged marriage and you meet your wife/husband like an hour before the wedding blows my mind. While we were there I met a lady who used to live in Pune, India (where I was born). It was mind blowing to me I met someone that lived where I was born (part due to the fact that I never planned to come to this side of the world). On Sunday when we went to go pick people up for church we saw all these flies flying around. I wasn't sure why they were all in this one spot. Then I looked a little closer and realized they weren't flies... They were BEES. Thousands of them flying around, Elder Conrad started freaking out, because apparently he is allergic to them. Im not quite sure why, but  a man just had a hive out on the side of the road, but people reacted as if it was normal. Naresh was confirmed a member yesterday, and I finally got him to smile for a picture! We were able to find a lot of investigators that we were able to extend baptismal dates to, and have hopefully 3 more and some of them have Hindu backgrounds.. But luckily know Christ is real and they want to follow him. A guy named Sri Ram is on baptismal date for the 28th of Feb, he is a pretty new investigator and is excited to learn more about our savior! Until next week!
Love,
Elder Magnusson




No comments:

Post a Comment