Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Hittin a Chicken

Hey Y'all,
This week we have had little bit of success with our work, and were able to find 5 new investigators this week. In the middle of the week I was able to learn how to make Chicken Curry which was helpful. This week we did a lot of finding, but were not able to find people in the beginning, we were able to get a referral from the church of a guy who is Hindu but has christian parents. He originally thought we were there to teach English to people, but we told him as we teach him the lessons he will learn English naturally. We also were looking for a less active members home and when we knocked on the door, this lady and her family came out, it wasn't the person we were looking for, but started talking to her, and told her we had a unique and special message we would like to share. Her family (Chiddapi Family) joined in with us, and we began teaching about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, in the middle of our lesson we started to introduce the Book of Mormon and what it was, and how we have it. All of a sudden she got up and got a notebook out and opened to a certain page in it (now this sister goes to a one of the biggest churches in the Rajahmundry area and the pastor there is named John Wesley), apparently this pastor gave a sermon a year ago telling his congregation if there are any books that his congregation should be reading is the Bible and The Book of Mormon. This lady has been trying to find a copy of one, and obviously we had one to give her. It was very interesting that a pastor of a different religion was able to read it, and have the spirit testify the truths of it unto him. A lot of people dont know what the Book of Mormon is, or have false information on what it is and what its about. The only way I know and y'all can know of the divinity and truths of that book (just like the bible) is to read it and ask God through sincere prayer , if the book wasn't true I would definitely not be in Rajahmundry India teaching strangers in a country that doesn't speak English (very well that is) and eating foreign food thats pretty questionable for two years of my life, when I could be doing something else with my life..The temperature was 95 degrees, so its very warm compared to the U.S... We went on an exchange this week, and my companion for the day was making a turn into a neighborhood when he ran over a chicken. We are pretty sure it died because when we were leaving the neighborhood the people wouldn't let us go that way, we had to go a different way, just in case he didn't re hit the chicken again. Other than that it was a good ole week here in Rajahmundry India.
Love,
Elder Magnusson


Levi had a few extra things to say directly to me, so thought I'd share...  He is an amazing son, and missionary!

I was pondering last night on my mission and the blessings I will receive from it, and I think the main reason I'm out here was not to just bless other people and their families but also mine.. As I am out here, I hope that y'all have seen blessings, I stay out here and work hard so that God can bless y'all at home if he blesses anyone for my hard work I want him to bless you and dad and my siblings. (I know he really wants us all to have good health)

My testimony about the book of mormon has grown a lot this week, I was reading about a missionary named Joseph who was brutally murdered (he served in the 1800s when the church was new) near Rome, Georgia.. I thought it was interesting how he was murdered for what he was believing in.. and as we know the south doesn't do well with the Mormon church.... Baptist vs Mormon haha, but it effected me a lot because we live 2 hours from there and our religion was not accepted and that guy died.. I'm in India where Christianity is not accepted and I know I won't die, but people have yelled at us for what we believed.. And I, just like Joseph am willing to go through those same trials to fight for God's Truths.  (Family scripture study truly pays off)!!!

...and its my Job to prepare the people and bring them unto Christ.. It is truly interesting, as I have examined my purpose as a missionary..  




No comments:

Post a Comment