Levi's Mission News

Levi's Mission News

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Last Week of the Transfer

Hey Y'all,
This week was a good week, it wasn't busy per se but it was a very interesting one. We were able to pick up a good amount (to the India mission) of investigators, and will hopefully be able to teach them, some of them are Hindu. Naresh was baptized on sunday and was so happy to of been. I gave him a white shirt and a tie, and he wore it and wouldnt stop smiling and looking in the mirror ( and also taking selfies). Satish passed the sacrament in church for the first time on Sunday, and I got him to bear his testimony in chuch. He was so scared, but am happy he built up the courage to do so. The new mission president will be here in the beginning of July, his name is President Mortenson and of course from Utah, I wait for the day one comes from Georgia. We are also told that we will be in an area for 6-8 months. So I dont plan on leaving till May.  Rayadu  (a less active member we have been trying to get them to come to church for months) finally came today! It was so good to see him sitting in church. A member wanted to give me papaya and I refused because it is gross, and so she goes back into the kitchen and brings out a plate with half a watermalon for me to eat. Yay. Good thing I didnt eat it anyways, because Elder Conrad said that was the worst papaya he's ever had. Will less active members we try to teach the basics. PCB. Now to me I would be thinking Panama City Beach, but luckily its the complete opposite. P is for prayer, C is for church, and B is for Bible/Book of Mormon study. Something people in PCB may not do. Its important we do those things or else we draw farther and farther away from God. The best way to come closer to the gospel and utilize it is to PCB. My last experience this week was an interesting one.. After we were finished teaching Satish, we left his home and there was a lady sitting on the stair case with a 6 day old baby in her arms. She asked us to pray for her baby's health. Elder Conrad gave the prayer. During the prayer I couldnt close my eyes. I just stared at this baby and felt weird. As we were finished we got on our bikes and rode back to the apartment. All of a sudden I started crying. I dont know why. But I did. That poor baby who was brand spanking new, was being cuddled by his mom on a stair case in the hot sun and had a little piece of cloth covering its eyes from the sun. As we got to the apartment I fell to my knees and kept crying, and asked God why I was. I got my answer, but find it very interesting and humbling to have experienced that. Until next time!
Love,
Elder Magnusson





No comments:

Post a Comment